KVS Junior Secretariat Assistant Syllabus 2023, Kendriya Vidyalaya JSA Exam Pattern: The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Junior Secretariat Assistant Exam 2023 (KVS JSA Exam 2023) is a competitive examination conducted by KVS for recruitment to the post of Junior Secretariat Assistant in Kendriya Vidyalayas. KVS will conduct written test of Junior Secretariat Assistant Recruitment Exam from 1st March to 5th March 2023. To appear for the JSA exam, candidates must have passed Class 12th or equivalent from a recognized board and apply online application within schedule date.
KVS Junior Secretariat Assistant Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2023 Importance
KVS JSA syllabus is very important because it outlines the topics and areas that candidates need to prepare for the recruitment examination. The syllabus is designed to ensure that candidates have the necessary knowledge and skills to perform the duties of a Junior Secretariat Assistant. It is important for candidates to be familiar with the syllabus and understand the weightage of each topic to prepare accordingly. The syllabus helps candidates to focus their preparation efforts and ensures that they cover all the important topics.
It also helps in creating a structured study plan and time management to achieve better results. Therefore, the KVS JSA syllabus is of utmost importance for candidates who are appearing for the recruitment examination, as it provides a framework for their preparation and helps them to be well-prepared for the exam.
KVS JSA Recruitment 2023 Exam Pattern
The JSA exam consists of two parts. Part I is a written test and Part II is a skill test (typing test). The written test includes questions on General English, General Hindi, General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning, computer literacy and Quantitative Aptitude. The skill test assesses the typing speed of the candidates in either English or Hindi. The written test is of 120 marks (120 objective type multiple choice questions) carrying 01 mark for each question. The duration of written test will be 120 minutes.
KVS J Junior Secretariat Assistant Exam Pattern
|Name of Subjects/ Topics||Nature of Questions||Questions||Marks|
|Part-I: Proficiency in Languages |
2. General Hindi
|Objective type Multiple Choice|
|Part-II: General awareness, Reasoning & Proficiency in Computers|
1. General Awareness & Current Affairs
2. Reasoning Ability
3. Computer Literacy
4. Quantitative Aptitude
|Objective type Multiple Choice|
Part-I: Language Proficiency Test
- General English: Comprehension, synonyms and Antonyms, Spelling error, One word substitution, Spotting error in sentences, Idioms and Phrases. Grammar- Noun, Pronoun, Adjective, Verb, Preposition, Conjunction, Use of ‘A’, ‘AN’ and THE’.
- General Hindi: गद्यांश आधारित प्रश्न, मुहावरे, विलोम शब्द, पर्यायवाची, तत्सम तद्भव, लोकोक्तियां, शुद्ध-अशुद्ध वाक्य,समास, लिंग, वचन, अलंकार, संधि-विच्छेद, अनेकार्थी और एक वाक्य के लिए एक शब्द.
Part-II: General Awareness & Computer Literacy
- General Knowledge: Indian Geography, Indian History, Indian Economy, Indian Polity & Constitution, Indian Geography, Scientific Research, awards, Sports, Current India & World.
- Logical Reasoning: Analogies-Semantic Analogy, Figural Analogy, Similarities and difference, word building, Symbolic/Number Analogy, relationship concepts, Number Series, Arithmetic number series-Semantic Series, Coding and decoding- Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification.
- Computer Literacy: Characteristics of Computers, Computer Software-Relationship between Hardware and Software, Operating System, Information Technology and Society-Indian IT Act, Computer Organization including RAM, ROM, File System, Input Devices, MS-Office (exposure of Word, Excel/spread sheet, Power point), Digital Signatures, Application of information technology in Government for E-Governance, mobile/Smartphone’s, information Kiosks.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Number System, Averages, Time and Distance, Percentages, Profit and loss, Ratio and Proportions, Time and Work, Simple and Compound Interest.
KVS JSA Selection Process
The selection of candidates for the Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA) post is based on the scores obtained in both Part I (written test) only. Part II (skill test) is qualifying in nature and candidates have to obtain minimum 40% marks in computer Proficiency Test and also qualify in the typing test as per prescribed norms.
Note: It is advisable to regularly check the KVS official website for any updates on the exam pattern, syllabus, and other important details. It is also advisable to stay updated on current affairs and practice typing to improve your speed and accuracy.