KVS Librarian Syllabus 2023 and Exam Pattern: A Librarian in Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), a chain of Central government schools in India, is responsible for managing and maintaining the school’s library. Now KVS is going to conduct KVS Librarian Recruitment Exam 2023 on 6th March 2023 at various examination centres. All candidates, who are going to appear in KVS Librarian Recruitment Computer Based Test (Written Exam), read carefully the KVS Librarian Syllabus and Exam Pattern from here because the syllabus for the KVS Librarian examination is an essential tool for candidates preparing for the examination. By studying the syllabus carefully, candidates can improve their chances of success and be better prepared for the exam.
KVS Librarian Recruitment 2023 Exam Pattern: The KVS Librarian recruitment exam is usually conducted in two parts:
- Written Examination: The written examination is the primary screening test for the candidates and typically includes multiple choice questions on the syllabus mentioned above.
- Professional Competency Test (Interview & Demo Teaching): The candidates who qualify the written examination are called for an interview, where their knowledge and experience in library and information science is evaluated. The interview is also used to assess the candidate’s communication skills, personality, and suitability for the role.
KVS Librarian 2023 Exam Pattern : Written Test
KVS Librarian written test is of 180 marks. All 180 Questions will be objective type multiple choice questions carrying 01 mark for each. The duration of KVS Librarian Recruitment CBT will be 3 Hours (180 minutes).
|Name of Subjects/ Topics||Nature of Questions||Questions||Marks|
|Part-I: Proficiency in Languages |
2. General Hindi
|Objective type Multiple Choice|
|Part-II: General awareness, Reasoning & Proficiency in Computers |
1. General Awareness & Current Affairs
2. Reasoning Ability
3. Computer Literacy
|Objective type Multiple Choice|
|Part-III: Subject-Specific Syllabus||Objective type Multiple Choice||100||100|
Professional Competency Test: The Professional Competency Test is of 60 marks (Demo Teaching -30 marks and Interview -30 Marks).
Note: The weightage of Written Test and Professional Competency will be in the ratio of 70:30.
KVS Librarian Final merit list
The Final merit list of KVS Librarian recruitment exam 2023 will be prepared on based on the performance of the candidate in Written Test & Professional Competency Test taken together.
What is the Importance of KVS Librarian 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for the KVS Librarian examination is important for several reasons:
- It defines the scope of the examination: The syllabus outlines the topics that will be covered in the examination, giving candidates a clear idea of what to study and prepare for.
- It helps in preparing for the examination: By studying the syllabus, candidates can identify their strengths and weaknesses and focus on the areas where they need improvement. This can help them better prepare for the examination and increase their chances of success.
- It provides a benchmark for evaluation: The syllabus serves as a benchmark for the evaluation of candidates during the examination. Candidates who have thoroughly studied the syllabus are more likely to perform well in the examination and score higher marks.
- It ensures fairness and transparency: The syllabus ensures that all candidates are evaluated on a common set of topics and standards. This helps to maintain fairness and transparency in the examination process.
KVS Librarian 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus and exam pattern for the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) Librarian recruitment exam typically includes the following subjects and topics:
Part-I: Proficiency in Languages
- General English: Reading comprehension, word power, Grammar & usage
- General Hindi: पठन कौशल, शब्द सामर्थ्य, व्याकरण और प्रयुक्ति
Part –II: General Awareness, Reasoning & Proficiency in Computers
(A). General Knowledge & Current Affairs: The syllabus for General Knowledge and Current Affairs for the KVS (Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan) Librarian exam typically includes the following topics:
- Indian History: Indian Freedom Movement, Major dynasties and their contribution, important historical events and personalities, geography and culture of India.
- Indian Polity and Governance: The Constitution of India, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights and Duties of citizens.
- Indian Economy: Economic Reforms, Five-Year Plans, Agriculture, Industry, and Services sectors, Infrastructure, Foreign Trade, and International Economic Organizations.
- Science and Technology: Scientific discoveries and advancements, Space Science, Information and Communication Technology, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics.
- Environmental Science: Biodiversity, Climate Change, Natural Resources, Environmental Pollution, and Deforestation.
- Current Affairs: National and International events, Awards and Honours, Sports and Games, Appointments and Resignations, Obituaries, etc.
- General Knowledge: Geography, Books and Authors, Abbreviations, Discovery and Inventions, International Organizations, etc.
(B). Reasoning Ability: Verbal and Non-Verbal reasoning, Numeric and Alphanumeric Series, Coding and Decoding, Blood Relations, etc.
(C). Computer Literacy : Characteristics of Computers, Computer Organization including RAM, ROM, File System, Input Devices, Computer Software-Relationship between Hardware and Software, Operating System, MS-Office (exposure of Word, Excel/spread sheet, Power point), Information Technology and Society-Indian IT Act, Digital Signatures, Application of information technology in Government for E-Governance, mobile/Smartphone’s, information.
Note: The syllabus may vary slightly based on the examination pattern and recent developments in the relevant fields. It’s always recommended to refer to the official notification or the syllabus issued by the KVS for the latest and accurate information.
Part: III- Subject-Specific Syllabus
Questions of this Part will be related from given below topics.
- Library and Information Science
- History of Libraries
- Library Classification
- Library Cataloguing
- Library Automation and Networking
- Digital Libraries
- Information and Communication Technology
- Library Management
Note: The syllabus and exam pattern may vary slightly this year, and it is advisable to check the official KVS website for the latest information.