KVS PRT Eligibility Criteria 2023: The eligibility criteria for the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) Primary Teacher (PRT) Recruitment based on the specific KVS recruitment advertisement and the requirements of the KVS issued by the KVS authorities. It is always recommended to refer to the latest official KVS Recruitment Notification for the most accurate and up-to-date information. However, the general eligibility criteria for KVS PRT are as follows:
KVS PRT Eligibility Criteria 2023~ Educational Qualification
The candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education. Or Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) Or Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and a 2-year Diploma in Education
- Passed the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) Paper-I conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education).
- Should have proficiency in teaching both in English and Hindi medium.
Desirable: Knowledge of working on a Computer.
Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
KVS Primary Teacher (Music) Recruitment: Educational Qualification
The educational qualifications required for KVS Primary Teacher (Music) recruitment are as follows:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate with 50% marks or Intermediate with 50% marks or its equivalent
- Bachelor Degree in Music or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Competence to teach through English \ Hindi medium.
Candidates who possess a degree in music from a recognized university are also eligible to apply for the post of KVS Primary Teacher (Music).
Candidates who have obtained Diploma in Music are not eligible for the post of PRT (Music).
Desirable: Knowledge of Computer Applications.
KVS Primary Teacher Recruitment: Age Criteria
Age Limit: The candidate should be between 18 to 30 years of age. The age relaxation for KVS PRT (Primary Teacher) recruitment varies based on the category of the candidate. The following age relaxations are provided for KVS PRT recruitment. Candidates can check given below table regarding relaxation of age.
|SC/ST (Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe)||5 years|
|OBC (Other Backward Classes)||3 years|
|Women (All Category) for teaching posts only except for the post of Principal & Vice Principal||10 years|
|KVS Employees||No age bar|
|Candidates with 3 years continuous service in Central Govt. provided the posts are in same or allied cadres||5 years for General |
10 years for SC
8 years for OBC
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in State of Jammu & Kashmir during 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Persons with disabilities (including women)||(i) SC/ST – 15 years|
(ii) OBC – 13 years
(iii) General – 10 years
|Ex-Servicemen (Unreserved/ General) (For Group-B posts only)||03-years Service after-deduction- of the Military rendered from the actual age as on the closing. The date for receipt of applications|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC) For Group-B posts only)||06 years (03 years + 03 years) after deduction of the Military Service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date for receipt of applications|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST) For Group-B posts only)||08 years (03 years + 05 years) after deduction of the Military Service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date for receipt of applications|