KVS PRT Syllabus 2023 (New): Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) has released KVS PRT New Syllabus / Latest Syllabus for Kendriya Vidyalaya Primary Teacher Recruitment 2023 Computer Based Test on its official website. All Applicants who has applied for the KVS PRT Exam 2023 must go through the KVS PRT Syllabus in detail. Now Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) has released KVS PRT Computer Based Test Date. Exam Schedule for KVS PRT Recruitment CBT are available on official website. You can also check here KVS Recruitment Exam Schedule in given below table in the last of this article. Now you will get here KVS PRT Syllabus.
KVS PRT Syllabus
The syllabus for the KVS PRT (Primary Teacher) 2023 exam divided into 4 Parts and includes the following subjects in each part:-
- Part 1: General English and General Hindi
- Part 2: General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Reasoning & Proficiency in Computer
- Part 3: Perspectives on Education and Leadership
- Part 4: Specific Subject
KVS PRT (Primary Teacher) 2023 Syllabus
Part 1: General English and General Hindi
- General English: Reading comprehension, word power, Grammar & usage
- General Hindi: पठन कौशल, शब्द सामर्थ्य, व्याकरण और प्रयुक्ति
Part II: General awareness, Reasoning & Proficiency in Computers (20 marks)
- General Awareness& Current Affairs
- Reasoning Ability
- Computer Literacy
Part Ill -Perspectives on Education and Leadership (60 marks)
(a) Understanding the Learner
- Concept of growth, maturation and development, principles and debates of development, development tasks and challenges
- Domains of Development: Physical, Cognitive, Socio-emotional, Moral etc., deviations in development and its implications.
- Understanding Adolescence: Needs, challenges and implications for designing institutional support.
- Role of Primary and Secondary Socialization agencies. Ensuring Home school continuity.
(b) Understanding Teaching Learning
Theoretical perspectives on Learning -Behaviourism, Cognitivism and Constructivism with special reference to their implications for:
- The role of teacher and the role of learner
- Nature of teacher-student relationship
- Choice of teaching methods and Classroom environment
- Understanding of discipline, power etc.
- Factors affecting learning and their implications for:
- Designing classroom instructions, Planning student activities and, Creating learning spaces in school.
- Planning and Organization of Teaching-Learning.
- Concept of Syllabus and Curriculum, Overt and Hidden Curriculum
- Foundational Literacy and Numeracy, Early Childhood Care and Education.
- Competency based Education, Experiential learning, etc.
- Instructional Plans: -Year Plan, Unit Plan, Lesson Plan.
- Instructional material and resources.
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for teaching-learning
- Assessment of learning, for learning and as learning: Meaning, purpose and considerations in planning each.
- Enhancing Teaching Learning processes: Classroom Observation and Feedback, Reflections and Dialogues as a means of constructivist teaching.
c) Creating Conducive Learning Environment
- The concepts of Diversity, disability and Inclusion, implications of disability as social construct, types of disabilities-their identification and interventions
- Concept of School Mental Health, addressing the curative, preventive and promotive dimensions of mental health for all students and staff. Provisioning for guidance and counselling.
- Developing School and community as a learning resource.
(d) School Organization and Leaders-hip
- Leader as reflective practitioner, team builder, initiator, coach and mentor.
- Perspectives on School Leadership: instructional, distributed and transformative
- Vision building, goal setting and creating a School development Plan
- Using School Processes and forums for strengthening teaching learning-Annual Calendar, time-tabling, parent teacher forums, school assembly, teacher development forums , using achievement data for improving teaching —learning, School Self Assessment and Improvement
- Creating partnerships with community , industry and other neighbouring schools and Higher Education Institutes — forming learning communities
(e) Perspectives in Education
- Role of school in achieving aims of education.
- NEP-2020: Early Childhood Care and Education: The Foundation of Learning; Foundational Literacy and Numeracy; Curriculum and Pedagogy in Schools: Holistic & Integrated Learning; Equitable and Inclusive Education: Learning for All; Competency based learning and Education.
- Guiding Principles for Child Rights, Protecting and provisioning for rights of children to safe and secure school environment, Right of Children to free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009, Historically studying the National Policies in education with special reference to school education.
- School Curriculum Principles: Perspective, Learning and Knowledge, Curricular Areas, School Stages — Pedagogy & Assessment.
Part IV – Subject-Specific Syllabus (80 marks)
KVS PRT Exam Pattern
a) General English
b) General Hindi
1. General Awareness & Current Affairs
2. Reasoning Ability
3. Computer Literacy
A. Understanding the Learner
B. Understanding Teaching Learning
C. Creating Conducive Learning Environment
D. School Organization and Leadership
E. Perspectives in Education
How do I prepare for the KVS PRT 2023 Exam
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the KVS PRT (Primary Teacher) 2023 exam:
Study the syllabus thoroughly: Make sure you are aware of the complete syllabus for the KVS PRT 2023 exam. Get your hands on the latest study material and practice papers.
Get familiar with the exam pattern: The KVS PRT 2023 exam will consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) from subjects such as General English, Hindi, Reasoning, and Pedagogy.
Practice regularly: Solve previous year’s question papers and sample papers to get a feel of the actual exam. This will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses and work on them.
Time Management: Make sure you manage your time efficiently during the exam. Allocate enough time for each section and stick to the allotted time.
Brush up on your knowledge: Revise the important topics regularly to ensure that you don’t forget them. Focus on the areas that you find challenging.
Stay calm and focused: It is important to stay calm and focused during the exam. Practice yoga, meditation, or any other stress-relieving activity to keep yourself mentally fit.
Get adequate sleep and eat well: It is important to take care of your physical and mental health during exam preparation. Make sure you get enough sleep and eat nutritious food to keep yourself in good shape.